Fado Nights Concert
Event Name: Fado Nights Concert
Venue: Dom Pedro V Theatre
Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Time: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (live music, Portuguese snacks, and an exhibition about Fado)
7 p.m. to 8 p.m. (concert)
The Cultural Affairs Bureau is going to hold the "Fado Nights Concert" at the iconic Dom Pedro V Theatre, inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List, in a show that combines elements of world heritage with music and food, amongst others, and which brings professional Portuguese Fado singers to Macau, with the aim of enriching cultural tourism.
Fado is the most representative traditional music of Portugal. Thus, the Portuguese Fado singers Tiago Correia and Bárbara Santos were invited to these concerts. They will perform solo and also together in order to enrich the content of the concert. “Fado Nights Concert” is conceived in a unique way. At dusk, before the show, the public can purchase and taste typical Portuguese snacks and drinks, while enjoying live music performances by local artists. These artists will perform light instrumental music themes on the Portuguese guitar, violin, saxophone, piano, traditional Chinese instrument-Yangqin, and more, allowing local citizens and tourists to enjoy Macau's unique atmosphere in a romantic and relaxing environment, and also learn a little more about the history of Fado at an Exhibition in the hall of mirrors.
Tiago Correia is a talented fado singer, lyricist and composer. He began his musical career 14 years ago, and today, at the age of 26, his talent and dedication are widely recognized. Tiago was in the Portuguese television program "Uma Canção Para Ti" in 2009 and, the following year, won the "Nasci Para o Fado" award. In 2018, Tiago released his first single "Simples Lamento", a moving tribute to his grandfather, a figure who deeply inspired his life and music; in 2020 he released the theme "O Fado que ainda canto," a poem he wrote; in 2021, he released to the public "Rua da Rosa," a poem he wrote, and started preparing his first album, entitled "E Decididamente," which he performed in several shows in Portugal in 2022.
Bárbara Santos discovered her love for Fado from a young age and in 2009 she perfected her talent at the Fado School of the Parish Council of Odivelas and participated in prestigious competitions such as Gebalis and the Grande Prémio Nacional do Fado, where she represented with distinction the Fado School (EFACA); she stood out in the project "Saudade no Futuro", which resulted in a CD recording and numerous concerts; in 2017, she was recognized as a new artist at the "Caixa Alfama" Fado festival; in 2015, she joined the cast of Adega Machado and became a resident fado singer. With her captivating voice and unique interpretation, Bárbara brings the tradition of Fado to an intimate and moving experience, where the audience will be enveloped by the deep emotions and authenticity of this young fado singer.
Ticket sale date: February 1, 2024, from 10 a.m.
Price: HKD 195.00 (includes a drink)
1. Audience members are advised to arrive at the venue 10 minutes prior to the performance. To avoid interrupting the performance, the organiser reserves the right to determine at what time and in what manner latecomers are admitted, and to reject the admission of latecomers or those who leave midway;
2. There is no intermission;
3. Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted. The organiser reserves the right to check the relevant identification document and to deny admission to any child under the age of 6;
4. All mobile phones and beeping and lighting devices should be switched off throughout the performances;
5. To avoid undue disturbance to the performers and audience members, cameras and recording devices are prohibited unless authorised by the organiser;
6. Smoking, eating, drinking or the possession of plastic bags and/or objects considered dangerous are prohibited in the performance venues;
7. The organiser reserves the right to change the programme and/or the artists at any time;
8. In case of adverse weather conditions, please visit the Cultural Affairs Bureau’s website and the “IC Art” Facebook page for latest updates;
9. The Cultural Affairs Bureau of the Macao SAR Government reserves the right of interpretation and final decision of any disputes to these terms.
Telephone: (853) 8399 6835、(853) 8399 6809 (office hours)